New Year's Resolutions

Monday, February 02, 2009

New Year’s Resolution – January 2009

We asked our very little boys and girls in Wegner School to share with us their New Year’s resolutions. We share them also with you because they were an inspiration to us and I know they will be an inspiration to you. Please keep our children in your prayers. They, like all of us, need God’s help.

1. The year of 2009, I am going to try to mind my own business. I won’t use things I hear about my peers against them to annoy them. This will help me not be so rude to them.


2. The one goal that is going great for me is being warm and welcoming. Oftentimes, I tend to be glum in every bad situation. But I’ve done great with this resolution this year. I have to admit in the past I was not warm and welcoming because I was jealous in one way or another. I feel better now.


3. My New Year’s revolution (he meant resolution) will be to stay out of the principal’s office. And I have to say it is going very well because I know now what is right and what is wrong. When I first got here, I was used to a lot of office referrals. Now I’m getting better.

4. My New Year’s resolution is to get a 4.0 in school. I am trying to get all A’s and show extra effort in all of my classes. I want to do this because some day, when I leave grade school and go to high school, I would like to go to college. I would like to make something of myself.

5. My New Year’s resolution is that I want to do my best not to run away and not go compliant. If I learn to face my troubles, I’ll be a better person instead of running away.


6. At my old school, I did a lot of bad things like arguing with other kids and different teachers and also I used to skip school. So when I came to Boys Town, I want you all to help me keep my promise not to do those things.

7. My spiritual goal in 2009 is to make my First Holy Communion. I will accomplish this by studying hard, praying well and learning from Ms. Stovall who is teaching me.


8. My News (sic) Year resolution is when I finally leave the 7th grade and enter the 8th grade, I would like to be off card in my class and I’m already off to a good start. One of my teachers said soon I will be testing for the 8th grade. If I can make it, it will mean so much to me.

9. I am trying to develop better behavior. I want to have fun at Boys Town because I am in the 7th grade and I am staying until high school graduation. I am trying to do better and have more fun.


10. My resolution is to get better and not have homework demerits. I goof around at home too much and don’t get
my homework done.

11. My New Year’s resolution is to avoid going to the principal’s office. It is going good so far because I am accepting my consequences and moving on with my day.

12. My New Year’s resolution is to use some good strategies so I don’t blow up so often and throw things.

13. My New Year’s resolution is a hard one and that is to achieve emotional health so I can go home.


14. I will try to curse and swear less and not use so many bad words.

15. My New Year’s resolution is to do so well that I do not have real bad consequences. I want to be able to go home successfully.